Friday, April 30, 2010

Ragen had her first official field trip today. They went to the zoo ALL DAY. I was a bit apprehensive, but I knew it was best for her and she would have fun. Her teacher is so good with her and I trust her. Ragen has such a strict schedule and regime at home that I was afraid of her being out of her element....lesson learned....TRUST! (But always follow up!) A letter from her teacher....just made my day!!!!!

Deanna,
Just wanted to give you an update on the day!! Ragen did great! She was so busy talking and loved the wind (hope it doesn't bother her ears). When she saw the giraffes she did the sign for the long neck and when she saw the elephant she did the long nose!!!!!!! So that just made my day and the speech therapist was jumping!!! She ate her lunch and said done before she ate it all so we did not push her. She had some crackers and drank her juice. Did NOT sleep on the way home...got kind of crabby so i changed her and left her pants and shoes and socks off (did not take her out of her car seat, in case you were wondering!!) and just sang songs and she quieted down. Then was happy the rest of the way home. I tried to send you a picture at lunch but it didn't seem to want to go through. We were so darn busy and they have the zoo so cut up right now that you have to do a lot of walking. Sure glad none of the kids were walking because I was exhausted and they would never have made it. Great day and a great day for you. Thank you for trusting me with your daughter.

Nancy

1 comment: